This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 209,045 reviews
122,536 films • 18,492 TV series

Uhhh not good news.... (251 views, 17 replies)

master

Telenor have to block access to free streaming sites for their customers.
(my provider)
Or they will get a fine of ½ million kronor ~ 45 000$.

in swedish:
www.di.se/digital/slut-pa-fulstr...

hammarskiold.se/news/internet-se...

+3

senior master
Report comment
(2wk)
(edited)

Ours and many other countries have done that long time ago. The smallest the country, the sooner gets sold out. Major and marginal human rights are both now endangered in the progressive West, which yells triumphantly for genre diversity, you think internet freedom would last? Anyway now they will put a block when you try to access these sites and that's all. Time to use some nice Swedish VPN service my friend.

+4

Hide 6 replies...

@Nasos lol well might be time to get vpn

+3

Report comment
(2wk)
(edited)

@🤸🏻‍♀️Suisen🤸🏻‍♀️ Same in the UK, I use a free VPN, never had an issue since, and the other bonus with it is if I set it so I appear in another country I get to watch their content on legit sites like Netflix. Strangely though I don't need my VPN for dos here, guess it's because links aren't hosted. And ISPs can only ban the sites they're aware of, I spose they can't keep up with them all.

+3

Report comment
(1wk)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ Could I ask the name of your free VPN?

+1

@DaveLikely Mostly Zenmate - Chrome extension. I have a couple of others but that's the one I use the most.

+3

Report comment
(1wk)

Report comment
(1wk)

@🤸🏻‍♀️Suisen🤸🏻‍♀️ I don't disagree with the others if they get their work done but for me, nothing works like a payed VPN solution. Message me if you want specs.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(2wk)

NZ government wants to keep out of this since the Kim Dotcom / Mega-upload fiasco, when an FBI-inspired armed raid arrested him and trashed his house. Copyright infringement is not a crime here, just a civil matter so he got an apology and huge payment for damages.
The government just said streaming was naughty and please don't get free stuff, nothing else happened.

+2

Hide 2 replies...

@Buttless true, lots of threats at times

+2

Report comment
(2wk)

@Buttless Sounds like excuses to me, the copyright infringements. I personally seriously doubt about this. I suppose he fingered/pinged/has done something with corporate or national secrets. And so they found way to maximize the profit of the case limiting rights. It's common practice in the West we live. Something happens; They work it on million silly disputes in mass media and then they make the law that benefits NOT the people who are not responsible but other parties.

+3

master

Lol had a dream to night that I was trying to go on dos
(even though dos isn't hosting links)
I got a huge popup
''YOU ARE ENTERING AN ILLEGAL WEBSITE''
smiley

+1

senior master
Report comment
(2wk)

Most people need a VPN.
I have doubts about the free ones... what are they actually doing and who pays?

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(2wk)

@Buttless My ma & pa isp shop I've used for 20 years says he has my back. Once, long ago there was an issue with a yifi file sharing thing. He said feds inquired and he asked me what the hell I was doing. Straightened me out, told me what's what. Said he'd watch my back. Great folks there. Know them all by name and they me. They fix and sell used machines, too.

+3

senior master
Report comment
(2wk)

+5

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(2wk)

@Bread&Circuses smiley I wondered what they were doing, crash and burn...

+4

@Bread&Circuses haha yeah might seem that way smiley

+1

Report comment
(2wk)

@Bread&Circuses WORD!

Sooooo funny! Thank you!

+1

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

209,045 reviews • 122,536 films • 18,492 TV series