This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 209,034 reviews
122,536 films • 18,492 TV series

YES, of course children can make life changing decisions !! (515 views, 33 replies)

Report comment
(2wk)

If anything, that video proves exactly the opposite. Gender dysphoria is not a choice. Much like the insatiable hunger for Oreos, gender identity is a need as well. Personally I find it totally absurd that we feel that we should decide the fate of people that suffer from a specific condition, when in fact we share nothing in common with such people to even remotely comprehend their problem. This is exactly the same argument that goes for abortion. Men in legislative power, who are not even remotely associated with the Medical profession, get to decide the reproductive rights of women. Do you think that's fair?

+7

Hide 18 replies...
Report comment
(2wk)
+6

Report comment
(2wk)
+4

Report comment
(2wk)

@SimonM You are going to make me go all legal on you, arent you? smiley So be it:

"Gender identity is a person’s self-identified gender, which may or may not correspond with their "sex assigned at birth." Gender identity is how a person experiences and expresses their gender. The Yogyakarta Principles, international human rights principles revolving around sexual orientation and gender identity, describe gender identity as “each person’s presentation of the person's gender through physical appearance – including dress, hairstyles, accessories, cosmetics – and mannerisms, speech, behavioral patterns, names and personal references.” Many different gender identities exist including, male, female, transgender, gender neutral, non-binary, agender, pangender, genderqueer, two-spirit, third gender, and all, none or a combination of these.

In the United States, some states explicitly prohibit discrimination on the basis of gender identity. In 2019, the Supreme Court of the United States heard R.G. & G.R. Funeral Homes v. EEOC, a case that addressed whether Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibits discrimination “on the basis of sex,” includes discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity."
Read more

+6

Report comment
(1wk)

@JudgeDredd I knew you were going to go all legal on me. smiley

I'm not disputing there are laws regarding this subject, there are many questionable laws, even stupid laws in place for many things. These new laws (on problems that nobody heard of until recently) may have been put in place for the protection of something around 0.02% of the population with gender dysphoria, and rightly so, they have just as much right to live their best lives as anyone else. But, these laws are being abused in many ways and have created problems that never existed prior to them being made in perfectly normal healthy children and adults. The main problem is the negative effects on the development of childrens brains with this new form of ideological indoctrination, for example, whether a child can make an informed decision on something that does affect their entire future and mental, physical and biological health. It makes no sense.
Read more

+6

Report comment
(1wk)

@SimonM I see your point and believe me, I fully agree with you. I have some concerns however on the way this problem is presented and communicated to the public at large.

But lets take things from the beginning. Laws are literally living documents. They are initially designed to be broad and all encompassing and in time they become target specific. The idea behind this is that no lawmaker can predict the impact of a law to the society at large. As such the law is designed to be refined through follow up implementing rules and especially through judicial precedent. Judicial challenges are the means by which laws are fine tuned and where the laws are tested for their efficiency. Unfortunately, this isnt a rapid process and it takes several years, decades even, to identify the most important shortfalls and neutralize them.

I guarantee you, no lawmaker could ever predict the impact of gender identification to the practical aspects of everyday life. Even more so, nobody could predict that impact in relation to the hard fought and hard earned legislation on sex equality. And if we take into account that the equality of the sexes has been a legal marathon that has been in play for almost 70 years now, you can understand the reluctance to walk back important victories for equality. Because this is exactly where the problem lies. The entire system is designed around the inviolability of the principle of equality, where the rights of each sex are recognized and their differences are protected. But this system was designed around sex assigned by birth, NOT gender assigned by personal preference. And naturally, basing legal principles on gender to a system not designed for it, presents some irreconcilable differences. The solution is nothing short of an entire overhaul of the legal system. Something that I am certain nobody has the stomach for. This means that every other solution will be tried before resorting to that undesirable overhaul. And the unfortunate thing here is that the society will have to suffer the failure of each of these interim solutions.
Read more

+1

Report comment
(1wk)

@JudgeDredd I do understand your points when it comes to the law and the media. Writing new laws, in many cases have to be written broadly then tweeked as time goes to adjust for unseen circumstances etc. That is happening in the UK right now, as it seems there is some overdue common sense being applied. All public buildings, including new buildings have to have gender specific bathrooms, with the option of a gender neutral bathroom if they want to spend the money. This is because of the increasing number of sexual assaults and indecent exposure by perverted men who are entering these female only areas for sexual gratification. There are lots of perverts blatantly abusing the new laws because even if they don't physically assault the women and girls, they are entering these areas and wanking off in front of them with the argument of being justified as 'it's their right to gender expression'. We all know there are a lot of perverts who get thrills from flashing their cocks at women and kids in parks and other public areas, that sh*t has been going on since long before we were born, and ever since the camera phone and picture messaging was invented, men have been sending pictures of their cocks. Anyone with an ounce of common sense could have seen all these problems coming, now it's women and girls being forced to see them cumming in what should be a place where they did, up until recently, have that right to privacy. In Texas, there was a case where a pervert indentying as a woman followed a young girl into a public toilet in a park, fortunately, the father was with his daughter when it happend and he followed him in to the toilets and knocked his teeth out. The father then said he "identified" as the tooth fairy.
Read more

+3

Report comment
(1wk)

@SimonM I too can't comment in depth regarding the medical side, but there is a simple way to resolve the problems being caused by big pharma who lobby for it. Just don't carry out any medical procedures until any individual is legally considered to be an adult and wants to pursue it, in the UK, that age is 18. The highest rates of suicide among trans people are the individuals that have had gender surgery and regretted it. For examples, young girls who have had their breast removed in their early to mid teens and boys who've had their d**ks chopped off and then realise they were coerced by the indoctrination of teachers and parents who want the attention - Munchausen Syndrome. There are even cases where kids have been so brainwashed by this, that they realised as they got older, they were actually straight all along. The medication they use known as puberty blockers, is what is used for medical castration of Pedophiles. Even without surgery, it is leaving them permanently sterile and unable to achieve an orgasm, another reason that all medical intervention should be stopped until the person with actual gender dysphoria can make that decision as a legal adult. In other words, if a boy thinks he's a girl, let him think that, in the meantime, give him a traditional education so if he grows up and decides he is just gay, which has a much higher probable outcome, he/she can still be capable of persuing a career if that's what they want to do as opposed to spending all their spare time on Tik Tok talking about their pronouns etc.
Read more

+3

@JudgeDredd so theres this thing called sarcasm,
im a firm beliver in body dysmorphia,that its a mental health disorder,
but the transtrenders, non binary are not trans in my opinion,
i believe people can be gay, and just because a boy likes guys and barbie and pink, doesnt mean hes a girl

+7

Report comment
(2wk)

@🤸🏻‍♀️Suisen🤸🏻‍♀️ I am afraid you are confusing sexual orientation with gender identity. These do not necessarily coincide. You can very clearly have combinations of a boy who likes boys but feels he is a boy or a boy who feels like a girl but still like girls or even doesnt like anyone in that respect. That doesnt affect his female gender self perception. Because it is his self perception at stake here and not your perception or mine of the boy in question. What you or I believe of the boy is irrelevant as our perception of him will not affect his perception of himself.

I dont want to discuss the legal aspects of the difference, as we will run out of server room, but I will provide you an excerpt from the American Psychological Association which confirms the difference between sexual orientation and gender identity:

"Sexual orientation is an often enduring pattern of emotional, romantic, and/or sexual attractions to men, women, or both. It also refers to an individual’s sense of personal and social identity based on those attractions, related behaviors, and membership in a community of others who share those attractions and behaviors.
Read more

+7

@JudgeDredd Im not confusing anything,
but others are.
The ''umbrella'' term is new, thats not what transgender used to mean,
As a ''tomboy'' im glad im not a kid today,

+6

Report comment
(1wk)

@🤸🏻‍♀️Suisen🤸🏻‍♀️ I dont think that being a kid today would be so much different in that regard from our childhood. Gender Dysphoria affects 0.005% to 0.014% of the population. Only difference is that in our time we used to label such people as gays or lesbians. There was no official distinction between sex and gender at the time.

+5

@JudgeDredd Gay and lesbians do not want to be the other sex, but today they/kids are ''told'' that they should transition, like a sort of homophobia, transgenders are not identifying as the opposite gender, they want to be the opposite sex, hence hormones and surgeries, they want to fit IN not stand out,
Under the new umbrella term is transtrenders and non binary who does everything to stand OUT

+6

Report comment
(1wk)

@🤸🏻‍♀️Suisen🤸🏻‍♀️ "Gay and lesbians do not want to be the other sex"

Respectfully, I disagree. You must have noticed the drag queen trend that preceded by many decades the gender dysphoria issue. Not to even mention that the sex change operation was perfected just a couple of decades ago. And there were quite a few beneficiaries of this procedure long before the current "pressure" to transition.

"but today they/kids are ''told'' that they should transition"

The "pressure" to transition is a fictitious construct created in part by bible clutching politicians and clerics who thought it would be a good idea to protect their flocks from the "abomination" of homosexuality. But they are not entirely responsible for that. Hollywood celebrities hold equal responsibility for publicly proclaiming their kids belonging to the 0.005% of the population, in an effort to remain relevant and possibly capitalize/revive their careers by assuming the role of the champion to the cause. ...
Read more

+5

@JudgeDredd well we are allowed to disagree,,,still

+4

Report comment
(1wk)

@🤸🏻‍♀️Suisen🤸🏻‍♀️ Isnt that the point? An argument between two people that agree is a dull and uninteresting one. I have always had my best and most enjoyable arguments with people of polar opposite views to mine smiley

+6

Report comment
(1wk)

@JudgeDredd See, that's why I respect you. You can talk to them. And be polite. I just like to call them names. lol
Either way, though. I agree with your points. Though I mostly only see your side of the argument because of blocking. Except for that last person. (I'll be nice this time. He wasn't too bad about it. Kind of civil, actually, considering some of the trolls on here.)

+1

Report comment
(1wk)

@⍟LiviaD34D⍟ LOL...getting a half idea of whats going on its still better than getting no idea at all smiley smiley

+1

Report comment
(1wk)

@JudgeDredd Well, I guess I can agree with that. lol

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(1wk)

+3

senior master
Report comment
(1wk)
(edited)

Ok I said it so many times. Medicine doesn't and of course she doesn't, confirm the gender id political decisions. It was only by the referrals of the American Psych. society orientation which included the S. Francisco political power gained my the LGBTQX and whatever which demanded satellite smaller countries to adapt their visions, ignoring even their own scientific, social or whatever considerations. Thus in a case of referendum, directly every of these political decisions would get directly to the trash basket of history. In every modern country, perhaps not in the US. Alas and scientifically, including kids in this it only made things much worst. Of course a kid cannot decide what is best for him/her. In the case above, if the kid was an adult would get the 10G's and satisfy it's hunger for Oreos for a very long time. Anyway and before start to curse at me here and dispute, bring up real scientific facts and read first about this then reply. As for this "religion and science of the past made many mistakes" - not really a serious argument in this case because I am not talking about the past and secondly a political decision doesn't represent a better in quality product than this of science. ...
Read more

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(1wk)

@Nasos Forgot to say that, even the hate and dispute output of these political decisions are also a population manipulation tool of blinding against the real problems of the society. A tool well known from antiquity - make them fight with each other and they forget their real problems

+3

senior master
Report comment
(1wk)

+6

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(1wk)
+1

Report comment
(1wk)

@SimonM Porky's ?

+1

Report comment
(1wk)

@Bread&Circuses I don't know, it's been about 40 years since I watched it.

+1

Report comment
(1wk)

@Buttless *Pukes on picture. Smiles.*

senior master
Report comment
(1wk)

We should have LGBTQS rights.
Les,gay, bi,trans, queer, straight. Like... EVERYONE.

+3

Hide 2 replies...

@Buttless yeah...like human rights or something smiley

+3

Report comment
(1wk)
(edited)

@Buttless Straight people do have rights. That has never been in question. It's ignorant to say otherwise. What is often in question is LGBTQ+ rights, which conservatives (bigots) seem to want to shut down every chance they get. Because the snowflakes are offended if they see a gay or otherwise not straight couple in public.
And the right to be a bigot or otherwise criticize and make life difficult for others doesn't count.

master
Report comment
(1wk)

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(1wk)

+3

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

209,034 reviews • 122,536 films • 18,492 TV series